Telecom Supervisor - Overhead ConstructionAkron, OH
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice Employer in the utility construction business, is coming to the Akron/Cleveland Area!
We are looking to hire a Telecom Supervisor (Aerial/Overhead Construction) for our Akron/Cleveland, OH location. The Telecom Supervisor (Aerial/Overhead Construction) is a demanding and critical role within the Akron/Cleveland office to manage new business projects within our Broadband division. It is also a great opportunity to be part of the initial team that will establish Team Fishel as the leader in utility construction in the area!
The purpose of a Telecom Supervisor at Team Fishel is to sell projects, communicate with customers and Teammates, set direction for the work and remove roadblocks so the Teammates will be successful, the customer will be delighted, and the project profitable.
- Manage teams by leading with our #1 core value: to be Accident-Free.
- Review the pre-job checklist prior to start up
- Walk-through with foreman and customer
- Secure the most cost effective materials
- Recruit, interview and hire new Teammates
- Champion Teammate development programs
- Evaluate Teammates’ performance and provide coaching
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5-7 years related experience in construction
- Ability to communicate with Teammates and customers
- Competent Person Training in Trenching and Excavation
- Competent Person Training in Confined Spaces
- Valid Drivers License, Class A CDL is desired
- Understanding of general safety processes and practices related to the construction industry.
- Good knowledge and experience in aerial (overhead) construction telecom, CATV or power.
- Experience running small to medium size jobs.
- Able to coordinate one to three small crews.
- Coordinate subs, manage job materials.
- Basic computer and smartphone skills, word processing, Excel or similar, e-mail.
- Familiar with construction drawings and blueprints.
- Familiar with construction equipment.
- A working understanding of estimating, contracting and accounting practices
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation and maintenance.
Bilingual and prior construction experience is a plus.
For more information, you may call 330-576-6144
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran