Team Fishel is interviewing qualified entry level candidates to be selected and hired to train in the Electric Lineworker Training Program as an Electric Lineworker - Class D, for our Louisville, Kentucky Electric Operations. Team Fishel offers a very competitive compensation package for these positions.
Team Fishel is in our 83rd year! We specialize in utility construction and network installation services with offices nationwide. Are you driven enough to join an entrepreneurial environment that challenges you to be the best you can be, and rewards you for high performance?
We continue to grow after 83 years in business! Are you driven enough to help us continue that growth? If you are driven, then we want to talk to you. Team Fishel: It's your future and your team. Come be a part of it.
Electric Lineworker – D Job Description
The Electric Lineworker – D is an entry-level position that will assist and be trained to construct, repair, remove, and maintain electric overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems that support the safe, reliable, and quality delivery of service for our customer’s and their consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform duties in accordance with Team Fishel’s value to be Accident Free by following all safety rules, regulations, and practices and be willing to report unsafe conditions and work practices.
- The teammate who is selected for this position must successfully demonstrate the ability and proficiency to climb poles and structures, operate equipment, and work on de-energized conductors and equipment. Also, under immediate supervision of a qualified Lineworker B or A, work secondary voltage up to 260 volts.
- Assemble install, maintain, remove, and inspect conductors, fixtures, and other associated equipment on de-energized overhead and underground facilities.
- Climb poles and structures and work from bucket trucks or on ladders and demonstrate evidence of being at ease above the ground in performance of work.
- Operate mechanized equipment required to install, remove, or maintain overhead and underground transmission and distribution facilities.
- Become familiar with the use and care of insulating rubber gloves, sleeves, and other personal protective equipment.
- Assist with loading, unloading, handling, maintaining, installing, and removing poles, towers, and structures.
- Operate portable power tools, generators, pumps, and tamps.
- Install, maintain, read, and remove single phase meters and associated equipment or hardware.
- Test meter bases for voltage, back feed, grounds, and proper connections.
- Install, maintain, and remove services, secondary cable, and associated equipment or hardware.
- Install, maintain, and remove yard and street lighting equipment and hardware.
- Provide traffic control by directing pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Load, unload, and store materials, tools, and equipment.
- Assemble and erect equipment mountings such as voltage regulator and transformer platforms.
- Assist with the installation, removal, and maintenance of underground facilities.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintain records and submit reports as required.
- Attend and participate in training as assigned and assist in the training of other teammates.
- Perform similar or lesser skilled work
- Report irregularities and abnormal conditions.
- Assist teammates with equal or higher classification.
- Line of Progression after satisfactory completion of each level and step within the Electric Lineworker classification: Electric Lineworker C
Applicants must complete the Team Fishel Electric Lineworker Selection Process
- Team Fishel’s Mission is to be the Best Choice in the Utility Construction and Network Installation services for our customer, teammate, and suppliers.
- Team Fishel’s values are to be accident free, to honor our commitments, promote Team Fishel, being the solution, commit to high performance, fund the cash profit sharing plan, and to remain union free.
- Team Fishel believes in the continual development of its teammates by providing training in safety, industry, and leadership.
- Team Fishel offers career advancement, excellent fleet, equipment, & tooling, competitive pay and benefits, including healthcare, life insurance, 401k, and a profit sharing plan.
Qualified candidates can also interview online by using a kiosk at our local office, located at:
4508 Bishop Ln. Louisville, Kentucky 40218