General Utility Construction
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel is interviewing for highly qualified Mechanics, primarily for construction equipment. This is an excellent opportunity located in our Columbus, Ohio office. Team Fishel offers a competitive compensation package for this position.
Mechanic Job Description and Requirements
The Mechanic at Team Fishel will be someone that is experienced in Preventative Maintenance and repair of construction equipment including Backhoe, Excavator, Truck and HDD equipment. You must be able to work as part of a team, or unsupervised as needed.
- 2 + years experience required. The outstanding candidate will be able to work on a very wide variety of vehicle and equipment repairs, so the ability to be an excellent listener and and be excited to learn and be trained is critical.
- Experience in Diesel, Hydraulic and Electrical systems is a plus.
- Having your own tools is strongly preferred.
- A Valid CDL-A is a plus.
- Prior construction experience is a plus.
- Inspect vehicles and equipment for needed repairs; perform minor repairs as required
- Perform general overhaul, tune-up and repair work on automobiles and related power driven equipment
- Inspect, adjust and replace necessary units and parts including cooling, fuel and exhaust components.
- Repair and overhaul brakes, ignition systems, electrical systems, transmission, differentials, and hydraulic systems; inspect, repair, overhaul and assemble automotive electrical equipment such as generators, distributors, magnetos and starters.
- Determine repair needs of estimate cost of repairs; perform occasional metal work by cutting and welding.
Qualified candidates can also interview online by using a kiosk at our local office, located at:
1600 Walcutt Road. Columbus, OH 43228
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran